Wednesday, January 16, 2008

If you are princess dress like one!

Did you know that princesses like pink!


Well my little Grumpy just loves pink and all bright colors, and most of the time she likes to wear as many of them as she can at any given moment


Yesterday however she was so in her element that it even scared me.


I have been letting her be somewhat independent at picking out her own clothes lately. .....It sure cause a whole lot of less fights in the morning..... but she wanted the most unusual items.


First she picked the plaid mauve/ purple bloomer skirt; then a pink flowered turtle neck , followed by her paisley hoodie and a pink cardigan. At first I thought she got all of these items, cause she wasn't really sure which top she wanted......OH HOW WRONG I WAS!


Her actual intention was to wear all of the clothes.... well at least she asked for just "pink" tights. SO I get those from the closet... come back with the "tame" solid pink tights and I hear my favorite grumpy stamp followed by "MOM..... MOMMY" pause here for dramatic effect to get the correct amount of irritation and the correct amount of insistence "how can you be so stupid.... only the pink flowers will go with this.!"


I breathe a sigh of relief and at least thank heaven she said the flowers not the stripes.....so I get out the really subdued floral pair..... no finger shaking and a few stomps and I hear " mom the stripe flowers". I think I am visually cringing at the thought of this combination and Eric is laughing so hard as he is putting on one of Colin's foot braces.... that it just brings so much levity to the room soon they are all laughing.


So our Princess Grumpy is as usual one that stands out in a crowd! I start doing hair and braid on her big sister and then I hear her come over and she then ask me "where is my pok-a-dot headband ?"
Oh I guess every princess needs a crown to complete her unique ensemble.


And all I can say after squeezing and pulling her burgundy and pink coat on (cause of the four sweaters) that I am so glade she didn't want the pink suede boots. She just settled for the buster brown mary janes with pink flowers!


So off to school goes my beautiful and very colorful little girl. Ironically it seems that she doesn't seem to care what others think and maybe all us old people are just wishing we could be princesses again and where whatever we want!

3 comments:

JennyH said...

You gotta love 4 year olds!! At least she wears clothes. My 4 year old is usually naked 95% of the day!

Becca said...

I think she looks fantastic!! Good for her for having bold, beautiful, brilliant individuality!

Anonymous said...

She is destined for fashion design school, Project Runway, and Fashion Week. Creatively independent!!